Thursday, January 27, 2011

What if I don’t want to make lemonade?

That old saying that everyone knows……  “when life hands you lemons, make lemonade.” Sometimes you can’t make lemonade. What if you don’t have a pitcher, or sugar, or water, or a knife to cut the lemons with, or a spoon to mix it all together? Then you’re just stuck with the lemons. Now what do you do? You don’t make lemonade, that’s for sure.

Eat the lemons, hand ‘em back, throw them at someone else. But you’re sure not making lemonade unless you have all the necessary ingredients and tools. You’ve got lemons and that’s it.

I definitely don’t have the answers on how to deal with the lemons, because well, lemons are sour. Sometimes I leave them on the counter. Sometimes I carry them in a basket on my shoulders until they wear me down. Sometimes I pretend I don’t see the lemons. (not usually the most productive) Sometimes I distract myself from those lemons, find something else to concentrate on. Sometimes I ask someone else what to do with the lemons. And every once in a while I make lemonade, IF I have all the ingredients. Sometimes it takes a while to accumulate all the ingredients and tools to make lemonade. Sometimes you just have to wait out the lemons, hope they rot and you can throw them out.

Any way that you decide to deal with the lemons is up to you, but you have to know that lemons always end up on your plate or in your glass. You can’t ever escape the lemons, you’re going to have to deal with them, even when you don’t want to. Make lemonade, if you want to, but deal with the lemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment