Monday, February 21, 2011

Slow and Steady

In today’s society we are so accustomed to getting everything instantaneously and we take it for granted. We think we should get what we want, when we want it – but that’s not always the best way to acquire the things that you want. Sometimes you have to take it slow and steady, sometimes you have to really want it, really work for it in order to get what you want and actually appreciate it.

As my Nana always says “You make time, money, and effort for the things you really want that are really important to you.” If you want something or something is really important to you, you’re going to make time, money, or effort to see it through. This resonates with me in so many ways… mostly because it’s taking me some time to achieve my dreams and to get where I want to be in life. But because these things are important to me, I’m doing whatever it takes – sacrificing time, money, and effort – just to get it.

Whether it’s losing weight, buying a house, finishing school – whatever your goal is, whatever is important to you it’s worth it to make it last and to get the most out of it by taking it slow and steady. The results usually last longer and are more substantial. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment